Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - Watch-o-the-Day er, Week #6

One of my very favorites, this Seiko Sports 100 Moonphase Chronograph quartz was purchased new in the 80's and I have probably worn it more than any other watch.  I even sent it in to Seiko a couple years ago to have it reconditioned, which probably cost more than it is worth.  It was unusual for it's time in that it was completely analog (digitals were big back then), even the date is a pointer, and the chronograph measures down to 1/20th of a second, very rare in an analog watch.  It is a true moon-phase; the sundial on top shows the moon (it's a new moon now, so it's not visible).   I still think it is one of the best looking chronographs ever made.


The hands aren't doing so good.  The sudden change of weather has made them cracked and dry, and I have had some itchfests lately.  I don't think it's a flare, just normal ups and downs.



No comments:

Post a Comment