Monday, September 9, 2013

Sept 9, 2013 - It Heads North

After 3 weeks of doc ordered bed rest, edema is much much better and rash on legs is better.  It only looks bad if I scratch it, which I swear I won't do every night then wake up finding myself scratching.  Even using the scalp massager damages the skin on my feet.

Bad news is that the rash and insane itching has moved up and out.  The back of my hands are now inflamed and cracking.  My stomach, chest, and underarms are going through the shiny plasticy thing.  The itching there continues to be indescribable and I succumb to it, much to my dismay.  The itching is so bad that I will break down.

I am taking at least 3 baths per day, but I find they are not helping as much as they were.  If the water is too warm it will trigger the insane itching on my chest.

The doc wants we off my feet for at least 30 days.  I am so fortunate that I have the ability at my job to take time off.  I feel awkward about it, because I feel I should be in working, but the doc knows best I guess.  She is concerned that if I go off bedrest the edema will return.  I have made a couple attempts to do something physical, such as going to visit my new grandson, and my feet start to hurt almost immediately.

I just got out of a bath, and my pulse is 113.  I do not sleep at all at night any more.  The last few days I'll sleep from about 7:00 to 11:00, then nap during the day.



There is no moisturizer on here... this is dry skin.  


Edema is nearly gone.  Yay!


It's creeping up the back of my hand.  Crispy.


No comments:

Post a Comment